Is your goal this year to finish the ARE? We're kicking off 2018 with Michael Riscica, blog-master of The Young Architect and author of "How to Pass the Architecture Registration Exam," as he visits Charleston on tour from Portland. Additionally, join us afterward for a happy hour nearby the CAC.C (more details to come).
Michael will present on "Getting Started with the ARE," with tips to approach the study process. The lecture will cover:
- How the exam has recently been updated, explained in a way that is easy to understand and why you should care about the old exam.
- The #1 thing that will determine your success on the ARE. The answer might surprise you.
- How success in architecture school has nothing in common with success on the Architect exam (and why that matters).
- The Top 5 completely avoidable mistakes that are repeatedly made by most ARE Candidates.
- How to study effectively—while working 40 hours, raising kids, and managing life’s responsibilities.
- How to quickly resolve many of the issues, struggles, and challenges surrounding the Architect exam, and start enjoying the process of getting better at the craft of practicing architecture.
Over the past 2.5 years, Michael Riscica from YoungArchitect.com has helped over 300 ARE Candidates figure out how to juggle their already busy lifestyles, and start making massive progress on the Architect Exam. In this lecture, he shares the lessons he’s learned from his personal experience—and from helping so many people get past the ARE, and move into the next phase of their lives as Licensed Architects.